The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, ... but time and chance happeneth to them all.
-- Ecclesiastes 9:11
They which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize.
-- 1 Corinthians 9:24
- Conditional probabilities, based on the Massey Ratings and seed matchups, take into account every possible tournament outcome.
- Games are assumed to be independent events.
- The table entry for team X, round k, is the probability that X survives round k.
- Yellow indicates the team receives a bye.
- Green indicates the team has advanced by winning.
- Red indicates the team has been eliminated.
- Light green/red indicates the projected winners/losers in future rounds.
- "Depth" is the average number of rounds a team will survive in the tournament.
- "Sched" measures the difficulty of each bracket position's potential schedule
Please wait while the data loads.