Massey BCS Ratings
- Originally designed to comply with the Bowl Championship Series request that margin of victory
not be considered by the rating model.
- "Binary Censored Score" - the observed outcome is win or lose, and the score is irrelevant.
- The ratings are based on win-loss outcomes relative to schedule difficulty.
- Margin of victory is not used, and ratings don't reflect point differentials.
- There is no preseason bias; all teams begin at zero.
- Early season ratings will fluctuate significantly until a sufficient number of games have been played.
- Teams that are not connected via the schedule graph are rated as isolated groups.